Wednesday 19 September 2012


2 stars

Hope In Small Doses - Nikki Stern


Nikki Stern is a self confessed sceptic, she has been through a great deal and so I liked the sentiment behind the idea of the book. I looked forward to reading the book and looking forward to things, Stern says is the very essence of ‘hope.’
However the book itself I found depressing, oh the irony. Stern has done her research, is opinionated, there are great quotes, beautiful photographs and yet I kept reading because I hoped she might tell me the trick. How might I acquire hope in small doses? Training the mind, one's own temperament or do we make it up as we go along? There was never an answer, just lots of facts and digression. I think this was more an exercise and question in the author’s mind.


ebookFirst140 pages
Published May 31st 2012 by Humanist Press (first published 2012)
ISBN13
9780931779220

English

No comments:

Post a Comment